Hope and Resilience Around the World
Deadline: September 15, 2020
The McDonnell Academy invites photo submissions on the theme of “Hope and Resilience Around the World” from any of the Academy’s partner universities. Share your images of how people around the globe are adapting to and thriving amidst today’s challenges and crises, and what gives you strength and hope for the future.
Photo Contest Prizes
- 1st place: $800
- 2nd place: $400
Prizes are subject to U.S. tax withholding.
To enter the contest, use the online entry form available in the link below. Photos must broadly reflect on the theme of “Hope and Resilience Around the World.” We encourage photo submissions that speak to where people around the world are finding hope and strength in these uncertain times, how they are rebuilding their communities, and reinventing themselves in light of current global challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This photo competition is open to any current graduate or undergraduate student, faculty, or staff member at a McDonnell International Scholars Academy partner institution.
All submissions must include the following:
- Name, contact email, and affiliation (partner university).
- Photo title, a brief description (maximum 100 words) of what the photo depicts, and the location where it was taken. In the description, please tell us what story, moment, or concept the photo captures and how it relates to the theme.
- Photos must be in digital form (JPG, TIF, or PNG formats only) with a resolution of at least 1 megapixel in size. File size no larger than 25 MB.
- There is a limit of up to 3 photo submissions per participant. Each entry must be submitted separately using the online form.
- A panel of judges will assess photos both on their artistic merit as well as content relevance to the theme.
- All participants must have obtained permission to photograph any human subjects in the submitted images. By submitting photos, you grant permission to the McDonnell Academy to publish them online or in brochures with proper credit.
Questions | Contact