ABOUT THE MCDONNELL ACADEMY HOUSING COMPLEX
The McDonnell Academy residences, located on Washington Avenue at Melville Avenue in University City, are approximately 10-minutes (walking) to/from the Danforth Campus and are truly a great place to live! Designed with the Academy’s mission in mind and managed by Quadrangle Housing, Washington University’s off-campus housing services team, we take tremendous pride in the complex and its ability to provide our Scholars with unique living, learning and social experiences.
Complex I | 6609/6611 Washington
Complex II | 6615/6617 Washington
- 2 11-unit buildings (6609/6611 and 6615/6617 Washington Avenue)
- Buildings each have two wings and contain studio, one, and two-bedroom units
- 1 block south of the Delmar Loop, convenient to shopping, dining and entertainment
- Electronically secured entrances to the complex and buildings
- ADA accessible (6609/6611 building only)
- 2 common spaces (1 per building – 6609/6611 space contains a full kitchen)
- 1 outdoor deck (access via 6609/6611 building only)
- Public parking located on Washington Avenue
Unit Sizes & Inclusions
|STUDIO UNIT||ONE-BEDROOM UNIT (EXTERIOR)|
|Approximately 275-320 square feet||Approximately 650 square feet|
|ONE-BEDROOM UNIT (INTERIOR)||TWO-BEDROOM UNIT|
|Approximately 540 square feet||Approximately 740 square feet|
Monthly Rent Includes:
- Cable TV
- Internet Access (residents must provide wireless router/modem)
Units Equipped With:
- Major appliances (washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, refrigerator/freezer, central air conditioning and heating units)
- Intercom systems linked to security systems
- Basic furniture (couch, bed, dresser, night stand, dining table, chairs). Two-bedroom units are equipped with a bed, dresser, and nightstand in each room.
- Landline telephone lines are not provided.
- Buildings do NOT have elevator access.
6609/6611 & 6615/6617 Lease Terms
- Lease agreements are valid annually from August through June each academic year. Summer/short-term lease agreements are not permitted.
- Single bed units may only be occupied by a single student or student plus spouse or long-term domestic partner. Occupancy by non-McDonnell Scholar individuals is at the discretion of the McDonnell Academy and Quadrangle Housing.
- Two-bedroom units may be rented by two individuals (as roommates) or families with 3-4 family members only. Single occupants will not be permitted to solely occupy a two-bedroom unit unless approved under extenuating circumstances.
- Units are non-smoking.
- No pets are permitted unless as approved service animals. An additional deposit required.
- The lease terms are not limited to the above and are subject to change.